Did you take up the Bang Bang Dare?

Okay this Bang Bang dare has already become famous. Hrithik Roshan has been throwing a dare at Bollywood celebs and they have been quite a sport and have done quite nice. I specially loved the one by Ranveer Singh. This guy is quirky and is funny. Check out the video here. You’ll fall off laughing.
Tere liye Jaan hazir hai! Dil jeetliya duniya ka! RT @RanveerOfficial: My #bangbangdare ! Just for you @iHrithik :)) http://t.co/MHGSigwJYh
— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) September 25, 2014



BTW did you know Hrithik also gave a Bang Bang Dare to all his fans. And me being me, took it up. So here was the dare. NO HONKING FOR THREE DAYS!!!



Now that in itself is a mammoth task if you are driving specially in Bangalore during office hours. But I am being a true fan and took up the dare.

I had done a post on Honking on Indian Streets earlier and if you wish to read it you can read it here

Now, I drive daily about 40-42 kms between home and office – Electronic City to Old Airport Road. If you are aware of the geography of Bangalore you will know that’s quite a distance and sometimes is agonizing to sit in the traffic. The route I take normally is the EC elevated flyover, Silk Board, Koramanagala Water Tank, Koramangala Ring Road to Old Airport Road. But last one week I am not taking the flyover – and that’s because of a very inane reason – I have not been to the ATM for a while and have absolutely no cash in purse. I am living of the plastic money! So I couldn’t pay toll for the flyover.

Day1 – Morning Drive on Day 1 of the dare was little hard. Every time my hands reached the horn I had to reming my self – Bang Bang!! Now what do you do when suddenly an auto rickshaw stops infront of your car to take up passengers and that too when you have like 3 seconds for the signal to go red! These are the times when you gotta honk! On any other day I would have honked till that guy moved.

It was difficult to resist honking on a lot of places – specially for BMTC Buses, Autos and two wheelers. I specifically hate the scooties and autos going at 20km speed when the road ahead is relatively empty and you don’t have space to overtake!

Evening drive is even a bigger pain if you hit the road post 5:30pm. It feels like entire Bangalore is in the Koramangala Ring Road. But I survived Day 1 somehow without honking.

Day2 – I left little early from home to avoid the peak traffic. I usually leave by 8AM but on that day I left at about 745 AM. It was relatively easy on Day2 and my mind was already conditioned to resist honking every time I wanted to.

Day3 – Morning drive was again relatively easy to avoid honking. And there came the rain in the evening. And if you know traffic in Bangalore you will know how pathetic it becomes. Rains and crazy traffic are like sisters joint at hip in this city. Cars don’t move they almost start crawling if not just stuck for hours. And guess what I survived that without honking too!!! That’s like an achievement for me.

Well now that 3 days of the dare is over I am thinking of continuing it as long as I can and as minimum as I can. I have no idea how much that minimum will be though. I have aready honked once I remember today morning when a lady on a scooty refused to move and was going at a speed of 15 km I guess. I had the divider on one side and an equally slow moving three wheeler delivery van on the other side. What do you do in such cases?

Are you also one who drives to work and honk? Take up the dare it might just calm you down a bit!

I'm infact happy to simply drive along without anyone nearby!


BTW did I tell you I bought the tickets of First Day First show of Bang Bang the day bookings opened in PVR IMAX!!! And guess what I am going all alone, last row, first aisle seat!! I am super happy.   


Labels: , , , , , , ,