Snooze Trouble - #MondayMusings

Do you fall asleep easily every time you go to bed at night? If you do I must say you are damn lucky. Isn’t it nice that you lay down with your current read and then fall asleep and have a nice dream may be?

I have seen people falling into deep sleep the moment they hit the bed, like you are just supposed to get into sleep land as soon as you are in your bed tucked under your comforter! And mostly they are men! I at least know two of them my dad and my better half – they hardly waste any time and don’t like compromising on their snooze time.


There is nothing in this world that I like more than a good night’s sleep - peaceful sleep to recharge myself. And neither do I like to compromise on my sleep, but for last few months it seems to play hide and seek with me and I have no idea why! When I am unable to sleep and stay awake like an owl I think how is it that men find it so easy to sleep?

There are internal debates in my mind – they are tired because of all days work maybe! But if I think that way I should be even more tired. I am working full day, and I have household chores too that I need to do in the evening after work, so am I not dog tired and falling asleep as easily as others can?

I think my mind becomes more active when I lay down and everything is quiet. I have all sorts of thoughts crowding my mind. Weird thoughts, unrelated thoughts and the most random thoughts you can get. Does that happen with you guys too?

Looks Like Aunty Acid understands me completely


Even after I have read a nice chunk of a book I’m finding it difficult to fall asleep. I bloody get thoughts about the characters! Why are the characters like this, what if this was the situation how would they react? It’s like there is an alternative storyline cooking up in my head!

I don’t find any reason for this growing insomnia and it’s so irritating. I am off coffee for more than a year, I don’t do tea or anything that is a stimulant. Even if I am lucky to fall asleep invariably I’ll wake up at about 3AM and then continue to stay awake!



I have tried all the methods counting till like few thousands (rather repeating 1-100 few times), trying not to think about anything and keeping a blank mind. But my mind has developed its own mind, and also its tantrums! The only remedy I have found is to surf through Twitter or read an e-book on my phone or iPad. At least that kills time without disturbing my hubby who is peacefully sleeping.

I am seriously thinking of taking a sleeping pill once in a while to get some sleep. Do you guys have random thoughts while you are waiting to fall asleep or do you have trouble sleeping sometimes? I hope you don’t. I wish no one has trouble sleeping.        

Or is this the reason ;)




If you like my blog and posts that I write CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA and never miss a post. 

Follow Twinkling Tina on Twitter Follow The Sunny Side of Life on Facebook Follow Twinkling Tina on Pinterest Follow The Sunny Side of Life by RSS Feed Follow Twinkling Tina on Instagram Follow Twinkling Tina on Instagram
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linking this post to Write Tribe #MondayMusings, Ultimate Blog Challenge July, NabLoPoMo July, and Ultra Blog Challenge July
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






Labels: , , , , , , ,