The Travel Bug - #MondayMusings

Source
Everyone loves to travel – yes or no? If you say no it’ll be a shocker for me. I simply love to travel – just about anywhere. I don’t have a preference of beaches or hill stations. I am quite content even if it’s a long drive to a non descriptive place, uninhabited place or even a small little village. I believe every place on earth has to offer something to satiate your travel hunger.

When you are tied up with your professional career and family that hunger sometimes gets lost under the layers of stress, tension and other commitments. When I was young my dad made sure we took at least a single vacation every year if not two. 


My mum says she has been travelling with me when I was just about 4 months old!

Now today I’m not going to talk about my travel diaries nor is it going to be about any travel destination. I’ll tell you about few people I know – close friends and relatives who are people who travel to live!


There’s this uncle who’s crazy about travelling and travelling to exotic locations. He had retired as the chief editor of a popular English daily and was obviously very excited to see the world that he had missed during his youth due to professional commitments.

Whenever I heard about their next travel destination I used to think – they are either crazy or they want don’t want to leave any place! And mind you they were quite aged when they visited these places – around 80 to be precise. When I heard they were travelling to Antarctica and South Pole I was left like this :O… yes – who on earth visits South Pole when you are eighty???

Once this couple had visited a tiny place called Haiti and the uncle had caught malaria, unfortunately. The local hospitals were not even equipped to deal with it. They were in fact very surprised to get Indian tourist! Finally he got help from The Red Cross!

Probably the only places left in their list was North Korea or Afghanistan!! I am not sure. I used to tell my dad probably they used to spin a globe and stick their finger on one place – whichever place came they used to visit that! The uncle is no more with us now but his travel diaries are truly special.

Source

We have another close relative, my husband’s grandfather – who is equally enthusiastic about traveling and age is just a number for him. His recent escapades were cruising in Arctic Circle, Iceland, Alaska, Venezuela, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Antarctica and what not!

I sometimes wonder where do they get all this energy from? But isn’t the answer quite clear – when you love to travel you seek to go to places which pulls you. You don’t think about too many things – whether the facilities will be good, whether the food will be fine – you know you need to see, absorb and learn.

Seriously if travelling was free and I had a lot of time on hand I would pack my bags and leave – go to just about anywhere and try and learn a new culture, try new cuisines, meet new people make many friends.

Someone has truly said – The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page!

What do you think? Do you feel like going backpacking around the world, even if it’s a tiny non descriptive place?

   
source


If you like my blog and posts that I write CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA and never miss a post.
Follow Twinkling Tina on Twitter Follow The Sunny Side of Life on Facebook Follow Twinkling Tina on Pinterest Follow The Sunny Side of Life by RSS Feed Follow Twinkling Tina on Instagram Follow Twinkling Tina on Instagram

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linking this post to Write Tribe #MondayMusingsUltimate Blog Challenge JulyNabLoPoMo July, and Ultra Blog Challenge July
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







Labels: , , , ,