The Versatile Blogger Award - Thanks Rashmi

It's always nice when you get something which you were not expecting. And after a pretty hectic day when I checked my inbox I had a cute little mail waiting for me. Rashmi from Whispers of Hope has been kind enough to tag me for 
The Versatile Blogger Award.

This is my third blogger nominated award and I always feel special when a fellow blogger recognizes and appreciates your work. So a big hug Rashmi.



Now it's Joy of Giving Time.

Rules of The Versatile Blogger Award

1. Display it on your blog
2. Thank the person who nominated you. - Thank you, Rashmi
3. Share 7 Facts about yourself
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers. Link them in your blog and let them know. 

So here we go:

7 Facts About Me

1. I consider myself little bipolar sometimes - I can be active like bee and some moments later I can be as lazy as a sloth. I become very lazy over the weekends!

2. Many of you don't know but I have been a Katthak (Indian Classical Dance) performer in my younger days (till college). I have performed at national level and in many dance festivals. I remember the times I used to travel with our troupe for different performances across the country. And I had won my first dance competition at the age of 5! 

Now with time and with all other commitments all that has come to a halt - I'll be delighted to get back to it some day.

3. I have learnt oil painting for few months after my tenth board exams. I always liked sketching but this was one step ahead. I have painted some portraits and thematics which now adorn the walls of the living room of my parent's house and one of my aunt's house. And sometimes I feel embarrassed when people ask about the artist and praise the paintings. I like the answer my dad gives - 'the artist's autograph is there at the bottom'. And after that I like watching the expression on their face!

4. I am a big foodie - though that is a newly acquired taste. When I was young my mom used to fight with me for feeding me. I used to run away from food. Only thing i liked was ice creams! I was some 42-43 kgs all along my 10th to college life. It's only when i moved to Bangalore for my post graduation that I relied on junk foods and became a big foodie. Eating out almost every other day. 

That definitely affected on the denim size. But on the better side I also picked up my cooking skills. Because after two years of eating out I was practically bored with junk food.

5. I used to sing quite well when I was a kid. We cousins used to have musical sessions at home and we used to record our songs and music on blank cassettes (that's what was available then). Impressed by all that my dad had got a music teacher to teach me classical music. And the first day that teacher said - no ice cream, no cold water, no panipuri (because they has sour tamarind)! And in a week I said no music classes!

6. I love to travel. If travelling was free I would simply pack and set off just about everywhere.

7. I'm still crazy about soft toys and am always drooling for them. I still need a bear hug from my teddy to sleep at night!

And now it's time to spread some love. Tagging 15 blogger friends who inspire me and I read their work often.   
    
1. Preethi Venugopala
2. Anmol Rawat
3. Soumyaa Verma
4. Sibichen Mathew
5. Francene Stanley
6. Laurel Regan
7. Corinne Rodrigues
8. Sacha 
9. Vidya Sury
10. Nabanita Dhar
11. Vishal Bheeroo
12. Lata Subramanian
13. Sheetal Susan Jacob
14. Simran Kaur
15. Usha Menon

So people go ahead and spread some LOVE.