#AtoZChallenge 2016 Day 3 - C for Camera Shy

Camera Shy

We are living in the age of Selfies, aren’t we? Before anything else happens we take a selfie – at a mall, in your balcony, in your bed, washroom, and I don’t know where all. I myself am party to it. Some of my cousins say I am obsessed with selfies!! Like really??? I know girls who take 69 washroom selfies at a cinema!! I am much mellower than that. At least I post much lesser than what I click. LOL.

Just a few days back someone said in our family whatsapp group I should be named Selfie Tina. It made me laugh actually. It sent me thinking for sometime.


The more I see my son posing for selfies at 8 months the more amazed I get. The moment you hold the phone in front of him he knows it’s time to pose! He is a camera friendly baby. But his mom hasn’t been like that always.

If you see photos of mine from my childhood you’ll be surprised to see a kid who’s always sulking. I hated cameras, I hated flash, I simply hated the idea of gathering together and posing for photos.

During my childhood, we used to have these photo sessions at home. My dad has a friend who is a famous photo journalist and we have had many photo sessions with him. I was probably five or six when one Sunday we were all dressed up for one such photo session.

I particularly was not happy how my mum had dressed me up. I hated kajal, I hated jewellery, I hated stockings. I don’t know why but I just can’t stand stockings at all. I was not happy with any of the outfits I was made to wear. Then came the torturous lights, quite a nightmare for me.

All other cousins were super happy and excited about the photoshoot. They all loved posing and dressing up. And there I was sulking in all the photos, which was enough to face some wrath from my mom later.


This is exactly how uninterested I was while being clicked. I am in Red Shirt

But if you follow me on Instagram now or on FB you’ll know how much the little camera shy girl has come across. I still don’t know why I used to sulk in all photos in my earlier days.


But my bub ain’t camera shy!


Here's mom and son - Same Place, Same Photographer and Same toys!! he hijacked my teddies!!

Let me know if you are enjoying the anecdotes!

Until next time, Cheers!!


Meanwhile check out an easy summer salad recipe in my Food Blog


***
This post is written for the A to Z Challenge 2016 for Day 3 Letter C. Visit A to ZBlogChatter to read other beautiful bloggers!